All HCD/UX/Usability professionals and friends, join us for a series of panels and demos addressing the theme of inclusion in the design of the user experience. This is a free event, held at the offices of 1904labs. It will also be webcast live!
In-person: 20 S Sarah St, St Louis, MO 63108-2819, United States please RSVP at https://www.facebook.com/groups/WorldUsabilityDaySTL/Online: the webcast video will stream on the main page for World Usability Day STL. Here's a link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/WorldUsabilityDaySTL/
This will be an interactive webcast. Send your thoughts & questions for the segments via Facebook comments on the World Usability Day St. Louis page or tag us on Twitter. Our Twitter handle is @UsabilityDaySTL - https://twitter.com/UsabilityDaySTL
Here's the Lineup:
- 4p-5p CST
- Where the Sidewalk Ends: Usability and the Street
- Walk through a St. Louis neighborhood with us as we conduct a "walk audit," evaluating the walkability and ease of access on a typical urban street. Walk audit sponsored by Trailnet.
- Led by Rebecca Nathanson & Grace Kyung
- 5p-6p CST
- IEP (Individual Education Program) as a Tool for Inclusion - a Service Design Approach
- This segment will explore using service design methods to help IEP teams develop an IEP that meets the needs of students and the school system.
- Led by Brett Miller, Eva Tucker, and Anita Fitzwater-Stevens
- 6p-7p CST
- Social Media for Social Change
- Discuss the measurable results of using social media for social change. Panelists include Bronwyn Ritchie, Jon Ziegler (aka Rebelutionary_Z), and Martha Valenta.
- Led by Danielle Gobert Cooley and Carol Righi
More information can be found here: http://www.worldusabilityday.org/events/2017/inclusion-through-user-experience-st-louis